Sunday, December 7, 2014

Chiba Rian Graduates From Candy Zoo


Sometimes when I am trying to support as many Japanese idol groups as possible, and my chosen favorites are of the indie variety that few others are supporting, I tend to focus on a few groups while ignoring the others.  It's not that I dislike the others, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day to for me to keep up with everything.  Case in point: I have been ignoring a group I was the first to write about back in March of this year, Candy Zoo.  It figures that when I choose to ignore a group for a while that something important happens, and something important happened just recently.  As you can guess from the title of my article, Chiba Rian, the Giraffe of Candy Zoo, has graduated.  Rian wrote in her blog on November 9 that she was graduating from the group in order to focus on school.  It had suddenly become difficult for her to be both a student and an idol, similar to what Ootsuka Minami, Candy Zoo's other 2014 graduate, said when she graduated in May.  Rian actually wishes she didn't have to leave the group, but it was too hard for her balance her academic studies with her singing career.  What wasn't made clear is she didn't explicitly say if she was also giving up her modeling career.  I assume she will, but can't say for sure.  Rian's final performance with Candy Zoo was on November 30, 2014.  She will be missed by all of her fans.        

Here are some videos featuring Rian her fans won't want to miss!  

TTKC 2013 A/W INNER PRESS (Sorry, embedding problems.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment