Monday, July 24, 2017

New Idol Music I'm Listening To

As I mentioned last month it is hard for me to really dislike music, even though the greatest music groups are now gone and some of the best singers have now left us.  But without music life is very meaningless.  So I decided it was time to share some of the videos for recent idol groups I am interested in.  I won't go into a lot of details, but I feel these groups are among the better indie idols still performing this type of music.  I hope you'll give all of these idols some of your time.

A company by the name of D.O.G. Productions have created a bunch of idol groups under an umbrella name of GIF39s (Gifu Thanks).  My personal favorite is Showa ☆ Tokimeki Gumi.  The group debuted on March 25, 2017 and have a 1980s sound.  The names of the members are Hinata Jyuri, Nakamura Amane and Mio (I don't know her family name).  The second song in this video, "Dancing Hero", is my personal favorite.  I want to thank my friend Tyler Draper for helping me out with researching info and talking with me as I learned about this group.


Menkoi Girls are an idol group that sometimes includes calligraphy in their performances.  The group formed on September 25, 2011 and are based in Tatebayashi City.  The group currently has 14 members, although there were 15 until March of this year.  Hazuki (the group only uses given names) graduated on March 19, 2017 in order to become a teacher.  The oldest member now is Yuki, who is 22.  Menkoi Girls also have three subunits, Menkoi Girls Salad, MG-Wing and MG-Pen Pen (actually Pen squared).  There are so many good songs and performances it's really hard to choose just one video for this group.  I should mention that all of the official videos I've seen have top-notch special effects.


RIOT BABY is a Tokyo-based group that formed in October 2016 by Planet Earth, Inc.  The group consists of young idols who were previously in idol groups formed by Love Mark Stage / Production-I.  They go by their given names only, but I can give you their full names!  Nakahara Aina is a former member of both RABBIT KICK and Campus.  Sisters Sakura Rin and Kae were both in Onigokko.  RIOT BABY released an E.P. on April 12, 2017 named "By My Side", which is also the name of the single.  It seems to be aimed at the skater rock crowd.  Aina even wears a Suicidal Tendencies hat in the video.  If you are looking for some fun rock music, look no further!  

     

A 13-year-old who only goes by Yuuna these days (her full name is Higaki Yuuna) made her original song debut in January 2017 after a few years of performing covers in groups such as Jewelry☆doll and YU-NA with Luxury dolls.  Not only is this Osaka girl a real cutie, but she sings and plays the guitar.  Her debut single (which may be a venue-only sale item) is "Happy girl!!"  This song is pretty rockin' and I give it my highest recommendation.  If you like it then subscribe to her official YouTube channel and listen to her other performances.  She's pretty awesome!  


Well, I hope everyone likes these videos.  Comments are always welcome.  Thanks everyone for reading and have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment