Thursday, June 10, 2021

Happy 16th Birthday SHIKI!!!!

 


Today SHIKI, former leader of Hiwillow, is 16 years old!  On June 6, 2021 SHIKI graduated from Hiwillow in order to focus on her studies.  She is currently in tenth grade (or JK1 - High School First Year -  as they say in Japan).  Originally Hiwillow was to perform live for their fans on June 5, but due to the continuing pandemic the event was cancelled and Hiwillow had a one hour live stream on SHOWROOM Live instead.  During this live stream Hiwillow performed three songs, "Kuru Kuru", "Baby Baby" and "To The Top".  "Baby Baby" is a newer song and this was the second time Hiwillow performed it on SHOWROOM.  Before SHIKI announced that she was graduating Hiwiilow's management announced that Hiwillow will film their very first music video, presumably for "Baby Baby".  Unfortunately we won't ever get to see a music video with SHIKI nor will we get to hear her sing on the single for this song.  This is very upsetting to me personally as SHIKI was my favorite member of Hiwillow.  I was lucky enough to get two cheki (small instant photos) of SHIKI due to a friend and me ordering one online.  She personalized each one!  Even sweeter, on the second one she actually wrote in English "I want to meet you!"  I only wish I could have.  I've never been to Japan and due to health and money issues I probably will never go.  But I wanted to wish one of my favorite Japanese idols a very Happy Birthday! 

Below are the photos of my Hiwillow merchandise collection, and the back of the second cheki.      

        


No comments:

Post a Comment